Some Details from the Man Side of Things

I picked the tuxedos! This was an entertaining piece, if nothing else. S and I have decided that no matter where we go or what we are trying to accomplish, if we go together we will get the worst customer service available! This fact was proven once again when we went to Serendipity for tux rentals. This little shop in EO is usually known for being friendly, professional, and easy to work with. I think we, along with our S/E curse, came on a bad day with someone new trying to figure out the ropes.

The three of us- me, S, and his mom- went in to the shop, and I told the girl what we were after. She pulled out some books for us to look at, and left us to it. I knew I was after a grey tux, so I scanned to find one. We went through the process of writing up the tux, along with the vest and ties, and then she asked if we wanted to pay that day. Thank goodness for that! I said that it might be nice to just get it out of the way, so she totaled up the price for five tux rentals: $650. What!? That was going to be more than I had spent on my girls! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! We backtracked a little, and discovered that I had, quite literally, picked the single, most expensive tux to rent. She hadn't even blinked an eye to inform me of the price break down!

Well, I took a brochure and decided to make a decision and call in the order later. Grey was out, due to the price. I settled on a nice, simple black tux with a lapis vest and tie for the groomsmen. For my groom, he is going to wear the black tux with an ivory vest and tie. I am happy with this decision, and it was fun to have that first real money shock. I am also happy that I don't mind sticking to my budget, even if it means compromising some of the details. No one will ever think "man, these guys look sharp, but they'd look better in grey!"

 

0 comments: